Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stuff

It's been a while since my last post. We've been busy with the holidays and family. I haven't worked on any dolls in quite a while and I'm beginning to think this blog will be more about whatever I'm currently working on. I made Hendrix an I spy bag.


Then made my great nephew, Nolen, a blankie. I can't find the picture I took when it was completed, but, you can get an idea of what it looks like.
I'm also learning to put photos on canvas.

I forgot to take a picture of the one I completed and gave to my son-in-law's mother for Christmas. AmyLyn and I made handprint ornaments.

And last, but not least, I'm currently working on making a coffee table from some crates. The instructions for this were found on Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/pin/503277327078192806/.
If it turns out I'll be giving it to AmyLyn and Carlos for their new apartment.

We actually changed our minds on the color of the stain. I found one called "Sunbleached". I'll post more pictures later.

I am totally addicted to Pinterest. I have found way to many recipes to try...things to crochet, knit or sew. The DIY projects seem endless. There's a "Gnome Home" that I'm going to make for Hendrix for his birthday...it's the cutest thing!
Pinned Image

We've also started prepping for his party (which is in July!). She's going with Curious George. He is Hendrix's absolute favorite right now. I ordered the cake topper from Krazy Kool Cake Designs on Etsy.
Curious George In Big Yellow Hat Cake Topper
The designer, Laura E. Varela-Wong, has been wonderful to work with. She making us some extra bananas to add to the cake. We're having the party at my sister's house this year. So, no long drives for most of the family...well, except Nathan and I! Between me, AmyLyn and Tami we've got so many ideas floating around in our brains! Most of which I think come from Pinterest!

The sixth of January was the 10th anniversary for our pastor (and my brother-in-law). We gave him a very nice bible (Founder's Bible from Wallbuilders.com), but, we're planning to really celebrate this event on February 3rd...the church's anniversary. I'm thankful for my church, church family and pastor. I'm humbled to be a part of a great group of people. God is good!

Jeremiah 3:15

New International Version (NIV)
15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.

He's given us a pastor with a servant's heart and a love for His people.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment