Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Doll

Hello,

I've been working on a new doll. This one is for Hendrix and his name is Elliot. It's long overdue and I'm still trying to get back into the "doll making groove". I really need practice attaching the head and limbs with nice, even stitches. 

I'm using a Waldorf pattern but added 1/2" all the way around the pattern pieces. I wanted a chunkier baby! It's going pretty good, although, I think his belly needed a little more stuffing. 

I'm adding pictures to this post. I took some with the altered pattern pieces and as I was cutting out the body fabric. However, I didn't have my camera with me and had to take them with my phone. For some reason I cannot send, receive or remove pictures from my phone right now...ugh! So, here's where I'm at right now.





I'm still trying to decide what hairstyle and clothes to make. I would like for the hair to be as close to Henrdrix's as possible...we'll see! I added a couple of eyelashes since Henri has some dark, full lashes himself. 

I bought some cute baby tennis shoes from Target this weekend and I'm thinking about corduroy pants..maybe...or a pair of jeans. Any ideas??


This next doll is one that was made for my great nephew, Nolen, for his first birthday. I actually made one before this one but wasn't really happy with it as a doll for him. To me, it was too skinny and I wanted it to look more like an infant.

Nolen's doll:


First attempt:



I wasn't crazy about the hair and it looked more like a girl. Which, I ended up doing by putting the hair up in pigtails and a girly outfit!!


That's it for today. I hope you all have a good week!

P.S. Sunday, September 16th is National Back To Church Sunday.It is the single largest annual community outreach in the nation, sharing the simple message and mission of inviting everyone in America Back To Church. The campaign empowers churches and church members with the tools they need to welcome their neighbors, friends and loved ones back to church, while providing the unchurched with an easy way to find a welcoming church in their community. 

Invite someone to your church or go to backtochurch.com to find a participating church near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment