Friday, October 19, 2012

Slowly But Surely

 
Slowly But Surely....
 
 
I can't believe it's been over 20 days since I last posted something...ugh! I have worked on some dolls, but not a lot of progress...


I think I have four 16" dolls cut out (two sewn together) and six 9" dolls cut out (two sewn together). And, I just got a new pattern for a 19" doll that I'm pretty excited about.

I'm having a hard time focusing on what to work on. I want to make some training pants for Hendrix with this pattern...
(couldn't get a good pic w/o the glare!)
 






I have made a couple with different patterns, but can't seem to get one that I'm satisified with that fits just right. I'm also working on a couple of throw pillows for my sister. I had to stop midway...I'm actually making new covers for the ones she has. I only brought one home and while taking them apart decided to use the original piping....so, I have to get the other pillow from her to finish.
 
And finally, AmyLyn and I went to Ikea a couple of weekends ago and got Hendrix some new linens for his toddler bed and furniture for toy storage. We accidentally bought two sets of a duvet cover and pillow case...we meant to get a set of sheets too. So, rather than make the long trip back we decided to turn one set into a sheet for the bed and a valance/curtain for the window.
 
For some reason I'm feeling a little scattered lately...lol. And the verses from Proverbs 3:5-6 have been on my mind.
 
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
 
It's such a "well known" passage that most of the time I don't slow down enough to really take it to heart. So, I'm really asking God to "break it down" for me and make it more real to me on a daily basis.
 
The Hebrew word “batah” has the meaning of “reliance on” with the inner result of a feeling of well-being and security
 
So, today, I'm going to work on that...meditate on that...fully relying on God!!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment